My First Week!

+JMJ+

Praised be Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, and forever!

Last week flew by so fast! Probably due to my busy schedule of classes, studies, Liturgy of the Hours with my Pre-Theologate brothers, daily Holy Mass, daily Rosary walk, etc.!

The campus at Ave Maria is certainly beautiful, & has a wonderful, peaceful and sacred feel to it!
I especially enjoy walking along the waterway/canal side of campus, there is something in the mystery of the way the wind constantly stirs the surface of the water and blows the swaying grasses... It is my little oasis of nature, in a sense... A very good place for contemplating theology and philosophy ;)

The Oratory is definitely coming along; the finishing touches continue to be made to both the inside and outside! I was blessed to be standing right next to the Oratory's large tabernacle as it was unloaded in a crate from its shipping truck.

Additionally, my parents and I were able to participate in a wonderful presentation about the future plans for Ave Maria and the orientation from Mr. Monaghan & Pres. Healy.

This past Saturday I attended the Greek Orthodox Choir Concert, the first official function within the Oratory... it was quite an experience to hear 1700 year-old chants rising and reverberating through the rafters of the Oratory's vast vaulted ceilings!

The most exciting thing about AMU is that everyday brings new challenges and opportunities as the town and campus continue to grow! Truly, all involved in this project are pioneers in a vast undertaking that will undoubtedly affect our nation for the better...

May the Lord Bless You and Keep You!
Pax et Bonum,
Shawn

Comments

liturgy said…
Cool post.
Let us pray for each other.

I have been working hard to provide a simple introduction for those starting out on praying the Liturgy of the Hours. This is what I have prepared:
http://www.liturgy.co.nz/ofthehours/introduction.html
I would be happy to receive any constructive suggestions to make this a better starting resource. I will incorporate suggestions if they appear helpful – and if other suggestions don’t say the opposite ☺

Please consider placing a link called “Liturgy of the Hours” or “Liturgy of the Hours (ecumenical)” to http://www.liturgy.co.nz/ofthehours/resources.html

Blessings on your venture

Popular Posts