Summer Language Studies Recap


Buongiorno! As part of the formation program here at the North American College in Rome, first year seminarians remain abroad during their first summer.  This is done in order to deepen our understanding of languages, cultures, etc., all of which help us to better come to know the Church Universal. As I posted earlier, part of my assignment this summer was to do further Italian language studies.  Although not many speak Italian in the States, it is crucial for us seminary students living and studying in Rome, for all our theology classes are taught in this rich language.

In August, I was blessed to be able to study in the northern Italian region of Piemonte, in the town of Intra Verbania on the shores of Lago Maggiore.  Upon arrival, I was blown away by the sheer beauty of the area.  This region is very close to Switzerland and many cultural similarities also exist there.  Here's a few pictures taken during our hiking excursions:







My school and lodging was at the neat "Il Chiostro" hotel in Verbania.  It was a blessing to have a chapel there for daily Mass and along with very competent professors.  I highly recommend their personal tutoring methods and was glad to learn that my Italian proficiency increased 1-2 levels!  It will certainly help with my studies at the Gregorian University in Rome which begin in October.

Until next time- Ciao!



Comments

Popular Posts