Exam Period




Greetings Friends- Buongiorno!

I finished my semester classes last week at the Pontifical Gregorian University. Hard to believe that in 11 days, I'll be headed home to the good ol' U.S. of A., after living overseas for 2 years! I can't wait! Just have to make it through exams first! smile emoticon  Please excuse the lack of posts on here as I prep for exams and packing.  

So far, I've completed the exams for Spiritual Theology, Canon Law, and Sacraments II.  In the next weeks, I have Old Testament Prophets, Sexual Ethics, Church History II, and Pastoral History exams, along with finishing a paper on the topic of Christ as the New Temple, for my seminar on Jesus as High Priest in the Letter of Hebrews. 

I'm so looking forward to returning to America and serving God's people at a parish in my home diocese for the summer and following months, as I go on pastoral year, before returning to Rome to continue my seminary studies for the 2016-2017 Academic Year.

As you can see, I've updated the blog design and header, as "The Carpenter's Son."  It's a title that has resonated with me since childhood.  Recently it resurfaced during prayer, as I was reflecting on the call of Saint Francis to rebuild the Church of God.  Like Jesus, the Son of God, raised by a simple carpenter, Saint Joseph, I hope to humbly do my part in building up God's kingdom and letting my light shine as a child of our Heavenly Father.


May the Good Lord bless and keep you always!

-Seminarian Shawn


Comments

Popular Posts