America- My Journey Home


Hi Friends,

After successfully completing my exams and packing, the middle of June found me saying "Arrivederci" to the  Eternal City and winging my way back across "The Pond" to the "Land of the Free!"



After two years living abroad, it sure felt great to be back in America!  Studying in Europe has taught me so much about different cultures and the universal Church and is truly such a blessing! Nevertheless, I was so excited to return home for awhile.

Greeting my parents at the terminal gate in Miami and seeing Old Glory flying as we headed back home are two special memories that I will always hold in my heart.

After returning home to Ave Maria, Florida, I spent a few days of R&R with my parents and rediscovering familiar sights around Southwest Florida.

The town of Ave Maria has grown incredibly since I left and it's great to see so many new residents mixed with familiar faces!  It is truly a blessing to call this community home.




We also toured around the nearby city of Naples, Florida, with its famous white sand beaches, where I spent my high school years.  


Even though the city bears little resemblance to the real Napoli, I still smiled to see some areas which remind me of ol' Italia!


Although our beloved country is going through some rough times right now, we are truly blessed to have the freedoms for which our forefathers sacrificed.  Let us never take them for granted!








Comments

Popular Posts