Proclaiming the Word




Well folks, it finally happened!


After having a year-long preparation and practicum at the Pontifical North American College, this week, I've finally had the opportunity to offer a reflection on the Scripture passages of the day (preaching the Gospel message) to others in a liturgical setting!  



Sharing Christ's saving words and deeds with others is something I enjoy doing and it has been challenging and rewarding, preaching to a congregation.   Right now, I am offering Scripture reflections two days a week, and it is something that I really look forward to, as it is a glimpse of future ministry to come.

Whether it is praying with the passages, reading Biblical commentaries, or actually writing out and practicing the homilies, proclaiming the Word has certainly broadened and deepened my prayer life.

The people of God deserve the very best as I strive to share solid teaching with them.  I am very grateful for their support and encouragement, as I grow and develop my skills.




In my next posts, I intend to include written copies of my homilies here, so others can reference them at their leisure.

Until next time, God love you!


Comments

Popular Posts