Germany Travels


Hi Folks,

As Autumn comes to a close and winter is upon us, it is good for us to give thanks for the many blessings we are given!  My thoughts and prayers are with all readers of this blog, and I ask the good Lord to protect you always!

Here's a long-delayed post that I've been meaning to put on here:

At the end of last month, 2 of my brother seminarians (who are from Dubuque, Iowa) and I spent our travel weekend in Leipzig, Germany.  Formerly part of East Germany, Leipzig has really bounded back and today is a great place to visit.  Going back further into history, Leipzig has a long musical tradition with a famed boys choir and its most famous resident musician, the great organist, Bach!

I can't begin to tell you how amazing it was for me to visit Germany! From the minute I stepped foot onto its soil, it truly felt like home- the culture, food, architecture, and even language (although I only know a few phrases!)... in a particular way, because of the fact that a good majority of my ancestors were German. :)

We visited some beautiful churches there too and overall had a wonderful time during our first venture outside of Italy! It was much cooler there than Rome and really put us in an Autumn and Christmas mood!  Here's some snapshots:






















Comments

Popular Posts