An Alpine Adventure

Another blessing was an amazing adventure that I experienced during my time in northern Italy.  While I was there, I met a young Polish priest, Don Tomasso, who like the great John Paul II, was an avid outdoorsman.  He invited me to go on a day trip to hike up to the Passo di Monte Morro above the town of Macunaga, about an hour away from Verbania.  After a six hour round trip hike scrambling up and down the rocky Alpine mountainsides, I can honestly say, what an incredible experience.  In the words of John Muir, "The mountains are calling and I must go." :)

One of my favorite woodland shrines

The mountain hamlet of Macunaga, Italy
Medieval church with the Monte Morro Pass route hidden in the clouds 

 Following Father up the slopes
 Made it! Snow in July at the Italy-Switzerland border
Time to warm up at the Refugi (lodge)
 A hearty meal of gnocchi and hot tea
Back down...
 The valley with Macunaga below and Monte Rossa in the distance


 "Have no fear of moving into the unknown. Simply step out fearlessly knowing that I am with you, therefore no harm can befall you; all is very, very well. Do this in complete faith and confidence."


Comments

Popular Posts